Below is a press release from the Illinois Society of Professional Engineers regarding an update to the Standard Specifications for Water and Sewer Construction in Illinois:
Recommendations Sought for Illinois Water & Sewer Construction Guide
Comment Period Open through April 16
(Springfield, Ill.) The Illinois Society of Professional Engineers along with partner organizations seek recommended updates to the 2009 Standard Specifications for Water & Sewer Construction in Illinois. Submissions will be accepted via email between January 9 and April 16, 2013. This construction guide is used by designers and contractors to guide the construction and installation of water, storm water, and sanitary sewer infrastructure throughout the state.
“In an attempt to remain current with the constantly evolving construction industry, ISPE and the Standard Specifications committee will undergo an update process to the 2009 Standard Specifications for Water and Sewer Construction in Illinois,” according to Dan Figola, PE, LEED AP, chair of the committee. “This will be a quadrennial update rather than a rewrite, which was undertaken in 2009.” The entire update will occur during calendar year 2013.
The schedule for the update process is as follows:
- January 9 – April 16, 2013 – Submission Period
- April – September, 2013 – Submission Review Period
- October – November, 2013 – Finalization of Revised Sections
- December, 2013 – Printing
The manner for distributing updates will be announced in early Fall 2013.
Those wishing to submit changes for consideration should email the recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission guidelines include:
- Provide complete contact information of the individual making the submission, including name, title, company, address, phone number, email address and role in the water/sewer system (design engineer, contractor, municipal official/public works profession, sanitary district).
- Amendments to different sections should be submitted as separate documents.
- List the section to be amended at the top of the first page.
- Include supporting documentation for the change, including any ASTM, ASHTO or IDOT specifications, Illinois or US EPA guidelines.
The 2009 Standard Specifications for Water & Sewer Construction in Illinois is available through the Illinois Society of Professional Engineers. Order forms can be found at www.IllinoisEngineer.com.